Global activity around Blockchain-based technologies and ICOs (Initial Coin Offerings) / ITOs (Initial Token Offerings) rapidly increased throughout 2017. This trend will continue in 2018 largely thanks to increased interest in bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, and increased level of investor confidence in the cryptocurrency sector.
An ICO/ITO is a crowdfunding mechanism used by blockchain-based businesses to obtain third party funding for their projects. To date, ICOs have raised more than US$3.7 billion globally, and the trend has spawned promising companies and technologies which may one day disrupt not only the tech giants but also the financial services sector. However, the rapid rise of ICOs as a crowdfunding mechanism has also prompted put the ICO process under the microscope.
This latest seminar in DFDL’s Fintech series, our experts will cover:
- Understanding ICOs: What are ICOs, what do they involve, and why is the ICO market currently booming?;
- Stages of an ICO - Legal and Tax Requirements: The key legal and tax considerations for structuring ICOs and key documentation involved in conducting and implementing them; and
- Broader Regulatory Trends on ICOs: Key regulatory issues currently under consideration by Thai and ASEAN regulators and the potential consequences upcoming regulation may have on: (i) the launch of ICOs/ITOs; (ii) the attractiveness of ICOs for Thai and foreign investors; and (iii) investor protection mechanisms.
- 8.00 am – 8.30 am: Registration
- 8.30 am – 10.00 am: Seminar
- 10.00 am – 10.30 am: Q & A Session
To truly make sure that you understand what this significant new financing mechanism means for businesses, investors, and the cryptocurrency space, this is a seminar you need to attend. Places are limited, be sure to register now.
Deputy Head of Regional Banking, Finance & Technology Practice, DFDL
Regional Legal Adviser, DFDL
Executive Director; Thai Fintech Association
Director of Professional Development and Cryptocurrency Educator